As our understanding of equity continues to broaden, we’re committed to working with our community to improve outcomes for people who still face steep and systemic barriers based on racial, social, economic and geographic inequalities.
Today, more than 50 percent of our dollars go to programs serving communities of color.
In 2017, the PGE Foundation collaborated with community leaders to solidify our commitment to eliminating disparities and creating an equitable society where all people can reach their full potential.
To help ensure equitable outcomes, we will:
- Apply an equity lens in our grantmaking and operations
- Partner with others to acknowledge and eliminate racial, social and economic disparities in both urban and rural communities
- Deepen our understanding of and support policies and practices to advance equity, diversity and inclusion
- Engage a board and staff who reflect the diversity of the areas we serve
- Convene and collaborate on efforts to promote equity