Apply for Funding
How to apply
The foundation will award grants at three focus-specific board meetings
Eligible applicants may apply by completing an online grant application.*
The application will ask you to provide the following financial documents:
- Project budget
- Current operating budget
- Board approved statement of financial position (balance sheet) from the most recent fiscal year
- Most recent itemized revenue and expense report (profit and loss statement)
*Note: We do not accept paper or email applications.
The PGE Foundation reviews only one request per calendar year from an organization.
Previous grant recipients must complete an impact report prior to submitting a new request.
We award grants to:
- Charitable, nonprofit, tax-exempt organizations classified as 501 (c) (3) by the Internal Revenue Service or those with a qualifying equivalent status
- Organizations based in Oregon and serving Oregonians with priority to organizations located in counties where PGE has customers and power-generating plants
- Organizations, programs and services that are aligned with one or more of our three focus areas
- Organizations that comply with our nondiscrimination policy
Requests that receive greater consideration
We extend a higher level of consideration to grant applications that are:
- Submitted by organizations operating collaboratively or in partnership with other nonprofits or agencies
- Designed with measurable objectives
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in their mission and operations
Requests that won’t be considered
We do not consider requests for:
- Previous grant recipients who have not completed a final impact report
- Bridge grants, debt retirement or operational deficits
- Endowment funds
- General fund drives or annual appeals
- Requests to support political entities, ballot measure campaigns or candidates for political office
- Requests from organizations that discriminate, in services provided and/or hiring practices, based on race, religion, nationality, ethnicity, sex, marital status, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans status or color
- Requests from fraternal, sectarian and/or religious organizations, especially if the grant is intended for the principal benefit of the organization’s own members or adherents
- Any activities or organizations for which support would violate IRS regulations for private foundations
- Direct grants to individuals
- Direct support for library operations, or capital
- Travel expenses
- Conferences, symposiums, festivals, events, team sponsorships or user fees
- Capital expenses to purchase vehicles, office furniture, computers, etc.
If you have questions about how to apply for a grant, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.